Rules and Regulation
Delinquent Patron List
The user will be placed on a delinquent patron list for the following reasons:
- Not returning the library or interlibrary loan materials
- Unpaid fees for lot library or interlibrary loan materials
- Unpaid overdue fine of more than RM10.00
- Unpaid interlibrary loan photocopy fees totaling more than RM10.00
- A delinquent patron loss all library privileges and may have grades and transcripts held until the above condition is resolved.
Behaviour in Libraries
In order to maintain the good image of the University, users are reminded that they must properly and decently attired when they enter the libraries in accordance to the University dress code.
Breach of rules on attire may also render users liable for disciplinary action.
- All books, bags and personal belongings must be shown to the staff/guard at the libraries exit whenever required to do so.
- Silence shall be observed in the libraries. Hand phones should be switched off or switched to silent mode on entering the libraries.
- Anything of value should not be left unattended in the libraries. Librarians or UIM staff do not take responsibility for the loss of any items.
- Any personal possessions brought into the libraries should not cause obstruction to other users.
- Accessing undesirable Internet sites and downloading, printing and circulating undesirable materials is strictly prohibited.
- The following is prohibited: loitering, soliciting, smoking, consumption of food, pets, bare feet, excessive noise, offensive odour, improper behaviour, obstruction of people, use of profanity, and sleeping on premises.
- Infraction will result in a warning, and if any further action is necessary, the users causing disturbance will be asked to leave the libraries. If the user refuses to leave, s/he will be warned and stern action will be taken.